This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: X-Server crashes after upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10

Maybe the snapshot of my first .xsession-error wasn't appropriate. I enabled compositing again in kwinrc and got similar messages as dibl:

kwin(8537) KWin::CompositingPrefs::detect: glx version is 1 . 4
    kwin(8537) KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: GL vendor is "NVIDIA Corporation"
    kwin(8537) KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: GL renderer is "GeForce 7300 GT/PCI/SSE2"
    kwin(8537) KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: GL version is "2.1.2 NVIDIA 260.19.12"
    kwin(8537) KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: Detected driver "nvidia" , version "260.19.12"
    kwin(8537) KDecorationPlugins::loadPlugin: kwin : path "/usr/lib/kde4/kwin3_oxygen.so" for "kwin3_oxygen"
    kwin(8537): ""fsrestore1" - conversion of "0,0,0,0" to QRect failed"
    So I think the driver is loaded correctly.

Furthermore this file contains error messages:

klauncher: Exiting on signal 1
    kdeinit4: sending SIGTERM to children.
    kdeinit4: Exit.
    XIO: fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
    after 21 requests (8 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
    QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
    kglobalaccel: Fatal IO error: client killed
    [/usr/bin/akonadi_maildir_resource] akonadi_maildir_resource: Fatal IO error: client killed
    ProcessControl: Application '/usr/bin/akonadi_maildir_resource' returned with exit code 1 (Unknown error)
    Unexpected response from KInit (response = 0).
    It is not clear for me why these errors occur. I attached the complete file to this post.

Just to remind - somehow it seems important to me:
    • The session crashes even if I disable compositing. But I have up to 30 minutes before it happens.
    • The crash happens some seconds later if I switch to TTY1..6 while the desktop gets initialized and if compositing is enabled.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: X-Server crashes after upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10

Meanwhile I reinstalled Kubuntu 10.10 and now the crashes are gone. It seems there had been some dirt on my harddisk that I didn't find.

Comment

Working...
      X