This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Bluetooth Mouse wont connect!

Fresh install of Maverick and I get a nice bluetooth icon on the system try. Set my mouse to be discovered and click "add device" the Bluetooth remote device wizard starts up. I follow along and my mouse gets discovered. I click on it then go next. I get the "choose your pin mode" screen. I select the automatic pin option. Click next and the "pin validation" screen appears and there we stop. Just sits there. It tells me to just wait! I used to use a "sudo hidd --search" to get my mouse connected in previous versions. But now there is no hidd. DOes anyone know what to do next?

Re: MS Bluetooth Mouse wont connect!

it sounds like your having pin issues.. have you tried to manually enter the pin for the device (when in doubt try 0000)
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I have tried entering 0000 as the pairing code. Makes no difference. Just tried with fresh batteries too still no joy. Can't seem to find where to get help on this one it is too new!

Comment

I suggest you to build trunk version of bluedevil from http://gitorious.org/bluedevil , there were some fixes after maverick freeze, but I dont know if your problem has been fixed ...

Comment

Ok - got a new bluedevil and built it and it adds a "no pair" option to some of the pairing dialogues and it works. But it does not last after reboot. Have to keep adding the mouse at each reboot. Maybe just wait for more updates to bluedevil. BTW I discovered that gnomes "bluetooth-applet" works just fine. But just don't feel right having gnome stuff at such a basic level of operation!

Comment

Try to find or open new bluedevil bug at bugs.kde.org , maybe they don't know about this problem yet.

Comment

I have similar problem with my bluetooth mouse Razor Pro Click. No way to install mouse using standard interface.
              It appears on 10.10 and 11.04 alpha 2 versions.
              The mouse is OK, no problem in Ubuntu 10.10, Win7, Fedora 14 KDE.
              So, this is definitelly a Kubuntu assemble problem.

Comment

Got the same mouse and had to discover it three or four times before it took. I've been using it for about a month and have had to delete and rediscover it once or twice since then.

It is slow to connect, though.
                we see things not as they are, but as we are.
                -- anais nin

Comment

Working...
                X