This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] Wireless Networking

Prior to dist-upgrade, I was happily using WICD as my network manager.

Now, after upgrade, it seems the default network manager has taken over again, and WICD can't see my wireless network.

I tried uninstalling WICD, and then re-installing, hoping it would do its magic again, but thus far to no avail.

Any ideas?

Re: Wireless Networking

As a follow-up: WICD is managing my network connections.

It just fails to connect to my wireless router. With encryption enabled on the router, WICD fails saying "bad password" (the shared key is correct). With encryption disabled, it just times out trying to connect.

Any ideas?

Comment

See Remarks about Lucid Lynx and read down to Wicd, Knetworkmanager, netapplet, knm-runtime, etc... (yes, it's in Lucid, but the issue about KnetworkManager and Wicd conflicts is valid)
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
        See Remarks about Lucid Lynx and read down to Wicd, Knetworkmanager, netapplet, knm-runtime, etc... (yes, it's in Lucid, but the issue about KnetworkManager and Wicd conflicts is valid)
        You, sir, are my savior! Now happily using my wireless connection! (Yet another blog post in the making, I suppose...)

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Re: [RESOLVED] Wireless Networking

Happy to help.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X