This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 7210 Problems

After installing an HP 7210, the printer works fine, however, scanning does not. 10.10 does not have a native scanning programs so I tried installing another one, but it doesn't work. The computer is connected by ethernet cable to a wireless network but I don't know how to make the printer recognize other computers. I tried scanning on a Windows computer through the network and even the computer physically connected but neither of them can pick up the scanning features of the 7210, they just consider it a printer. How can I resolve this? Don't know how effective it would be, but

Kubuntu 10.10
    2.13ghz Core 2 Duo
    4GB RAM
    Using default drivers for the printer that came with Kubuntu.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: HP 7210 Problems

Originally posted by neji49
    I tried scanning on a Windows computer through the network and even the computer physically connected but neither of them can pick up the scanning features of the 7210, they just consider it a printer.
    Well that's a first, if what you said above is true and correct: Windows didn't recognize it as a scanner?! If that is true, then it may well be that Linux/Kubuntu isn't going to be able to see/access it as a scanner either.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: HP 7210 Problems

I have a 7210 (on 10.04) and there's a couple of steps to go through. My setup is somewhat different than yours as I use a server and the printer is connected via USB to the server and I then access it via my network.

Make sure you have hplip installed

Edit /etc/sane.d/dll.conf and comment out (put a # in front of) all listed drivers except net and hpaio

Edit /etc/sane.d/net.conf and add the IP address of the scanner/printer as a host.

restart sane

Let me know if this works...

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X