This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 10.10 and ps3 help.

Ok so i installed kubuntu 10.10 on my ps3 but when it boots up in to kboot it says no rootfs has been found then i boot in the kubuntu 10.10 disc and install it that way but still same thing no rootfs found. please help. am i installing it wrong or something? also what should i put in when it asks me for the mirror and folder directory?

Re: Kubuntu 10.10 and ps3 help.

Please help i dont know what to do i searched the forum and nothing im such a noob

Comment

From what I've found, you can't use the regular Kubuntu LiveCD .iso for installation on a PS3. You need an alternate-powerpc+ps3.iso.

I haven't found such for Maverick, but the following guide allows for installation of Jaunty 9.04 to a PS3: PlayStation_3
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

O but i found one and the 11.04 alpha when i googled it at http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/po...10.10/release/ and http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/non-ports...daily/current/
        so do they just not work or am i installing them wrong? and by the way thanks for helping.

Comment

The first link does contain an .iso for powerpc+ps3. The second link is to Natty Narwal, the next version of Kubuntu which is still in Alpha stage - NOT recommended for regular use. That said, downloading the kubuntu-10.10-alternate-powerpc+ps3.iso from the first link and verifying the md5sum to ensure the download is without error, then burned to CD, again verifying the burn was without error, should allow you to follow the instructions I linked, even though it's for Jaunty. Have you reviewed those instructions, and compared them to what you attempted?
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes im pretty sure i have done the same thing but ill try with jaunty tomorow. and get back to you also do you know what to set for mirror options im new to linux

Comment

Working...
            X