This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-monitor woes

I used Kubuntu 9.04, but due to needing to use Windows for school, I stopped. Now I really want to use Kubuntu again, but I'm having some problems. I have 3 monitors, which I want to use as an extended desktop, with the ability to maximize windows on each screen. I know how to get all this set up (or so I think). It works in windows, and it works on an install of Linux Mint 10, which is based on Ubuntu 10.10, and uses a Gnome desktop. I have 2 Nvidia cards, a 9800GTX+ and a 9500GT. As I mentioned, I can make it work perfectly in Linux Mint, and I can get most of the way there in Kubuntu. The problem hapens when I enable Xinerama. Once it is enabled and I reboot, all three monitors power up, and I get a login screen on the main monitor. The problem is that all three monitor displays flash on and off randomly. I cannot log in, and eventually X crashes and the system freezes. I can only assume there is a problem with KDE and the Nvidia drivers. While searching, I saw a few mentions of the Nuovou driver being included in Maverick KDE, but can't find much other info on it. Could it be causing some kind of conflict? Any other ideas?

FYI:

I am using the 260.19.06 Nvidia drivers on both the gnome and KDE installs, and have no problems in Gnome.
    I have disabled desktop effects
    This same setup worked fine in Karmic
Working...
X