X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choppy/Slow Rendering + Graphics [SOLVED]

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 805 Processor
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4670
    Motherboard is a Gigabyte. (Not sure how to find out specific details)

When I boot up my computer or restart it, the graphics are being suspended and if I try to turn them on it tells me something is preventing them from being turned on. I navigated to "Additional Drivers" and installed the proprietary driver, rebooted and no change in graphics. I'm assuming I have in stalled the "Catalyst" Driver? I read that using the Open Source driver should work just as good or better, which I think is Called the "Radeon" Driver? I would like to install the Radeon open source version to see if this works instead of the proprietary "Catalyst" driver. Anybody know the easiest way to remove the "Catalyst" driver so I can begin to install the Radeon Dirver?

Re: Choppy/Slow Rendering + Graphics

Welcome to the club! I have the same problem, just upgraded yesterday from lucid. Obviously graphics/display driver doesnt work properly . BTW is this devil belongs to you?

ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

Aw I'm sorry to hear you have the same problem. It's an ATI Card so I'm not sure why it is havin problems? Worked fine on 10.4. . .

Comment

I have fixed it by upgrading xserver-xorg-video-intel package with glasen ppa (http://ubuntuku.org/10/how-to-fix-in...untu-maverick/)

You can try upgrade your ati driver (xserver-xorg-video-ati) to latest version. Google this: ubuntu ppa xserver-xorg-video-ati
        ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

Still having issues with Graphics. I have an AMD Processor. Not sure if that matters since the link you gave me was for INTEL Based systems. It seemed fine after I upgraded some stuff, but every time after I restart my comp it's like it starts over again.

*UPDATE*
          Re-installed Kubuntu. Simple fix by navigating to, System Settings>Desktop Effects>[Advanced Tab]> 'Checked' "Disable functionality checks." I then proceeded to install the proprietary driver for my ATI Graphics card, rebooted and Desktop Effects changes were retained Thanks for all you're help guys!

Comment

Working...
          X