This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3d acceleration slow and unusable after latest package updates

hello all, i am running maverick 10.10 on my desktop pc. so far i installed all the fixes and updates and since a couple of days i noted that the open gl screen saver was really slow. later i had to use google earth and perfrmance was really bad. i tried some 3d game like tuxracer and in fact it was unusable.definitely a graphic driver issue, i thought. so i looked for 3rd party drivers , and they were enabled. glxinfo tells me that direct rendering is ON.
    my machine is a dual core athlon 6000+ with 4 gb ram , GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 onboard , asrock integrated mb .
    i attempted , since there was a kernel update, to load older kernels at startup but didn't help. i tried installing other versions of the nvidia drivers from the 3d party drivers utility but no success. can anyone give me some hint about this dire issue ?

Re: 3d acceleration slow and unusable after latest package updates

so i installed the nvidia drivers from nvidia site, and still the problem remains and i think this is a kernel issue. now, this is outrageous. im sick with ubuntu and all of its antics , bugs, flaws, updating packages that f**k your system into mayhem at random and total lack of support. it is constantly broken somewhere , im downloading debian right now, goodbye and good luck with this ugly shack of broken packages .

Comment

Re: 3d acceleration slow and unusable after latest package updates

Originally posted by hipsterical
      so i installed the nvidia drivers from nvidia site,...goodbye and good luck with this ugly shack of broken packages .
      lol

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X