X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to install soundkonverter: timidity-daemon issue

10.04 KDE 4.5.3.

I'm trying to install soundkonverter and I've tried soundconverter and just flac but they are all coming up with the same error
    Code:
    Setting up timidity-daemon (2.13.2-37) ...
     * Stopping TiMidity++ ALSA midi emulation...                           [ OK ] 
     * Starting TiMidity++ ALSA midi emulation...                              /usr/bin/timidity: error while loading shared libraries: libjack.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
                                                     [fail]
    invoke-rc.d: initscript timidity, action "start" failed.
    dpkg: error processing timidity-daemon (--configure):
     subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     timidity-daemon
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    So I can tell it's looking for libjack.so.0 which I might have erroneously eliminated when I was cleaning up some stuff I don't use anymore (FFADO, etc.).

How can I get this back so timidity is not broken anymore? I've tried to install qjackctl but with the same error. I'm not understanding what this timidity-daemon thing is all about.

Alternately, if anyone has a good way to convert FLAC to Mp3 (graphical preferably and with batch support) I'm open to suggestions! Mp3 is not one of my options when I go to convert audio in K3b.

UPDATE: I've tried installing LAME and I get the same timidity-daemon error. Hmmm, I'll do more research
    Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
    Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
    Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Re: trying to install soundkonverter: timidity-daemon issue

winff (using ffmpeg) will do that .......K3b needs certen things to have all the encoding functions ......transcode and sox are the ones your looking for I think.

open k3b and go to settings>configure k3b>programs and look for and install the ones it cant find.

as for soundconverter ......I dont know mabey try purging and reinstalling it would work it out.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks. sox and transcode did the trick. I still don't know why soundkonverter is having issues. I've seen some bug reports regarding the timidity-daemon issue.

Now, quick question: What command do I issue to find all .flac files within a folder?
      Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200

Comment

Nevermind I figured it out by myself. just some syntax things with the find command. Woohoo!

Comment

you should check out winff as well you can do some cool things with ffmpeg .....witch is one of the recommends for soundkonverter anyway

I do have soundkonverter installed as well :P

☯VINNY☯
          16GB RAM

Comment

winff is pretty nifty. I just installed it and it did what I want. But for the sake of avoiding unnecessary clutter, I'll stick with K3b now that it does the trick. Sometime later I'll figure out why timidity-daemon was being so fussy.

Thanks.

Comment

your welcome...........I suppose I have what most people would say was a VARY cluttered system

2,514 packages installed ..............that results in a 8.6Gig / :P

vinny@desktop:~$ df -h
              Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
              /dev/sdb3 20G 8.6G 9.9G 47% /
              none 987M 340K 986M 1% /dev
              none 991M 0 991M 0% /dev/shm
              none 991M 244K 991M 1% /var/run
              none 991M 0 991M 0% /var/lock
              none 991M 0 991M 0% /lib/init/rw
              /dev/sdb5 130G 81G 43G 66% /home
              but every thing is snappy and happy hear so.......

☯VINNY☯
              16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
              X