This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] K Menu Problem

I'm having a problem with adding an entry to the K Menu using the editor.

I managed to download and install a Windows program under Wine, and although I can find, and run the program from
    /home/.wine/drive_c/programfiles/adobe/adobedigitaleditions/digitaleditions.exe
    I cannot get the program to run from the menu.

If I open KMenu editor, I can add the name to the list so that it shows up, but I do not know what to enter in the Command line so that the program runs. I have tried the full path as noted above, and just digitaleditions with and without the .exe,
    but the program doesn't run.

Any suggestions for this one??

Thanks
    Bob

Re: K Menu Problem

try adding wine to the beginning of the line so it reads like this

wine /home/.wine/drive_c/programfiles/adobe/adobedigitaleditions/digitaleditions.exe
    VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks, Vinny. Your suggestion, and my correction of a typo in the path statement, gets me close, but not quite....

After making the changes, I now get the little bouncing icon which indicates loading, and also the program title and rotating sunburst in the tray, but after a moment or two, the symbols go away, and no program loads.

It seems there's some little thing missing here... I have confirmed that the program will run if I navigate to the .exe thru Dolphin and click on it there.

Bob

Comment

If there are any spaces in the full path then you will need to quote it. Also remember that it is case sensitive
        For example
        Code:
        wine "/home/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/adobe/adobedigitaleditions/digitaleditions.exe"

Comment

OK guys... finally solved it.

The answer turned out to be a combination of the suggestions from Vinny and Skunk... the final line is:

"/home/bob/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Adobe Digital Editions/digitaleditions.exe"

Did not need Wine in front.... did need the quote marks, did need to watch out for Caps/lower case and did need to remember to put in the /bob. Took a lot of tries and re-edits to figure it all out.

Thanks for the help... love these forums.

Happy Holiday to all

Bob

Comment

Working...
          X