This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kdenlive 0.7.8 for Kubuntu

HI I want to have a the latest installation of kdenlive, but cannot find a download for Kubuntu that works. Nothing on the kdenlive site or forums worked, apparently due to differences in compiling some of the multimedia libraries.

So can any one link to a download or a repository that is known to work with KUBUNTU 10.04.

Appreciate it

sam

Re: Kdenlive 0.7.8 for Kubuntu

Have you tried adding the sunab ppa?

https://launchpad.net/~sunab/+archive/kdenlive-svn

Comment

Hi

Yes tried that. It was recommended on the kdenlive forums but, it generated an error the same error as posted here http://kdenlive.org/forum/kdenlive-0...d-installation

The maintainer of the PPA said he would have a look at it if he found the time. Well that was months ago, so I guess he has not found the time.

I am looking into installing using a cli script that is mentioned here http://www.kdenlive.org/forum/kdenli...simultaneously but have had errors, and am awaiting help on that forum.

So still looking if anyone has any ideas.

Cheers

Comment

If I understand the problem, as described on the kdenlive forum, once you have installed a newer/backported ffmpeg (and anything else it pulls in), you're not going to be able to install kdenlive for your version of Kubuntu.

You might try remove --purging ffmpeg, disabling whatever non-standard repos (except sunab) that you have enabled, then reinstalling ffmpeg, then installing kdenlive. But, "depending on dependencies" -- other ffmpeg -related files that have been installed from the other repos, you might still not be able to install kdenlive.

Bottom line (again based just on what I'm reading), kdenlive in the sunab repo is built against a stock/standard Kubuntu 10.04, with no backported multimedia packages allowed. So, you might have to start over with a stock Kubuntu installation, and go directly to your kdenlive installation from there, and leave the backported stuff alone.

Comment

As a side note, I installed and am using KDEnlive on 10.10 with no issues. I realize you're not on that OS version, but I thought I'd let you know.
          Registered Linux user #346571

Comment

Hi
            Thanks for the comments and the help, much appreciated.

@dibl
            As far as I am aware I have a standard Kubuntu install, no backported anything, at least not by me, I do not even know what it is. Still on the Linux learning curve I am afraid. Downloaded the liveCD, installed and have accepted all updates since then, but that is it.

@jeremy1701
            Good news. I was under the mistaken understanding that if I accepted the updates that my version of Kubuntu would therefore keep in line with the latest release. How do I check what version I have installed and at what service pack level or patch or upgrade it is at. Could it be that I simply upgrade to 10.10 to get kdenlive 0.7.8 to work. Where did you download kdenlive from, to work with 10.10.

Again thanks, look forward to your answers.

Cheers

Sam

Comment

Open a console and type:
              Code:
              lsb_release -d -c
              If you have the package lsb-release installed, this will tell you what you are running.
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Directions for upgrading from 10.04 to 10.10:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MaverickMeer...hnicalOverview

KDEnlive was installed using Kpackageit.
                Registered Linux user #346571

Comment

No need to upgrade to 10.10 to get kdenlive 0.7.8. I'm using lucid and had the same problem but I have fixed it now. You need to remove any third party repositories which contain ffmpeg packages then you can install latest kdenlive from sunab ppa.

Run this command in terminal:

Code:
                  apt-cache policy ffmpeg libavformat52 libavformat-extra-52
                  and paste the output here, so we know which repos that causes conflicts.
                  ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

Working...
                  X