This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] krdc "the entered address does not have the required form"

Does krdc work for anybody? "rdesktop 192.168.1.238" works fine, but all krdc tells me is "the entered address does not have the required form", I've tried different variations on:

rdp:/192.168.1.238
    rdp://192.168.1.238
    rdp://192.168.1.238:5900
    Username@192.168.1.238

What format is it expecting for the address?

The manual is no help. It says there should be a drop-down box for the protocol after "Connect to:" which I don't have. There are two hosts on the auto-discover list, but clicking on either of them produces "The entered address cannot be handled."

This is on Kubuntu 10.04.1

Re: krdc "the entered address does not have the required form"

Originally posted by kgoess
    The manual is no help. It says there should be a drop-down box for the protocol after "Connect to:" which I don't have. There are two hosts on the auto-discover list, but clicking on either of them produces "The entered address cannot be handled."

This is on Kubuntu 10.04.1
    you absolutely should have a connect to w/ a drop down as that is how the program decides on what protocall to use. try to remove the config file for krdc (its the file ~/.kde/share/config/krdcrc) that "connect to:" combobox is here on my 10.04 machine (w/ kde 4.5.3) and has been there as long as i can remember using the kde4 version of krdc. i know that not the answer your looking for, sorry about that.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: krdc "the entered address does not have the required form"

Ah, that's *exactly* what I needed to know. Removing that file did the trick, dunno why since afaict it just had a [MainWindow] section the same as it does now. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] krdc "the entered address does not have the required form"

great news! happy to help
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
        X