This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do I make k3b Close A Data DVD+RW?

I'm trying to backup my data files to a DVD+RW and for some reason even though I set k3b to "No Multisession" k3b doesn't close the DVD. What do I have to do to make k3b burn a data DVD+RW and close the stupid thing instead of leaving it open for more data? Thanks for any help.

Re: How Do I make k3b Close A Data DVD+RW?

Given that you are burning 'data', how would k3b know when you were done doing so? Just because you selected x sources to be burned, k3b can't know that once those are burned that you are done. Assuming that there is still space left on the DVD after the selected sources have been burned, why would you expect/want k3b to 'close' on its own, preventing you from selecting more data to burn?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Cus I burn enough data at one time to just about fill the DVD. Usually 4.2 gig's. In the past though k3b did close on it's own unless you told it not to.

Comment

Ok, I found out I was doing wrong.

First I had to set the “Permissions” in k3b so by checking off
        cdrdao
        cdrecord
        growisofs
        so that each of them was set to root. That’s done in the “Found Programs” window in “Settings", “Set Up System Permissions”.

Then in “Set Up K3b”, “Advanced", I had to un-check “Automatically erase CD-RW’s and DVD-RW’s”. DVD-RW’s should never be erased only over written.

Comment

Working...
        X