This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[unsolved] Cannot unlock LL

I was surfing the web and needed to lock up my desktop and go somewhere else. By the time I got back home I just moved my mouse as always (no, it doesn't make me chase him all the way down to a small hole at the wall ) but even if I enterred my password without making any mistakes (while staring at my keyboard) several times it never let me log into my desktop. I cancelled it but the same lock out widget showed up in another language (main language: German, unexpected second language: English) but nothing changed even so.

Does anybody know what happened here? How do I fix it?
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
    Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Re: Cannot unlock LL

Reboot and choose the root console with internet (if you are running wicd) otherwise just the root console.

Edit the file ~/.kde4/share/config/kxkbrc

Change this line to what is shown below:
    LayoutList=us

or what ever language you want. This will restore your keyboard to the language which should let you type in your password to unlock the screen.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re: Cannot unlock LL

But the keyboard layout wasn't a problem here since I know that I never had a problem with the characters included in my password... Do I still need to do it even if I know that wasn't the case ever before? What's the next step to fix it?
      Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
      Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
      Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
      Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Working...
      X