X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Kmail Message Preview Problem

Hi,
    I'm having a weird problem with the message preview pane in kmail: instead of showing the message header in a human-readable format, it only shows the header source code. (For the rest of the message it doesn't show the source but only the proper message text.)
    This happened yesterday evening (Nov. 4th) after I woke my laptop from sleep mode. It does not happen on my workstation; I'm synchronizing the mail folders between laptop and workstation, but not the configuration files. Both are running 64bit Lucid Lynx.
    Is anyone else having this problem? It's extremely annoying... I tried rebooting and removing the preview pane and adding again, but to no avail...
    Any ideas?
    I would like to attached a screen shot of my kmail window, where you can see what my message preview does with the header, but unfortunately Firefox always just goes to a blank page when I try to submit something with an attachment... (and the post never appears on kubuntuforums).
    Chopstick

Re: Kmail Message Preview Problem

You can attach but make sure the size is smaller than 120kb, iirc. ksnapshot images tend to be much larger than that.

But, one thing to try is going to View -- Headers and see if changing to a different header view changes things. "Fancy" is the default.

Comment

Graphic attachments MUST be jpg (not jpeg) and MUST be less than 128kb. You can use GIMP to shrink them down by sliding the percentage compression slider to a lower value before you save it. You may have to select only a part of the image and then crop to selection before you shrink and save.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Hey, thanks! Actually View > Headers did it - it was set on "All Headers"
        Now I feel really dumb because the solution was really easy, but I was totally convinced I already tried this...

As for the attachment: I checked the size (0.3MB), and I thought this would be ok, but apparently it is not.
        Learned something...

Thanks, guys!

Comment

Working...
        X