This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] From Desktop file to Desktop

Me again, with one of those easy questions that I should know the answer to but don't.

I have a file which I downloaded. I copied it from Downloads to Desktop. But how do I get the file from the Desktop folder onto the Desktop The Dolphin window is so large that I cannot simply drag the file because I can't see the Desktop. And the file does not show up in Applications, under any heading, so I can't drag it from there.

How do I get this file onto the Desktop so I can click on it and use it from there??

Thanks
    Bob

Re: From Desktop file to Desktop

Resize the Dolphin window so it doesn't take up the entire desktop.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: From Desktop file to Desktop

Thanks, Snowhog for the idea... but I couldn't figure out how to resize the Dolphin window. I tried grabbing every corner and edge, but it will not drag and shrink.

I did solve the problem, however. I opened the program I wanted, then closed it again. Then I went to the K menu, found the program listed in Recently Used, and was able to drag it from there to the Desktop.

Not exactly neat and simple, but whatever works, works, I guess.

Thanks again to all.
      Bob

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] From Desktop file to Desktop

It's easy to fix a application that 'opens full screen' by right-clicking on the title bar, clicking on Advanced > Special Application Settings..., clicking OK, click on the Geometry tab and check Size and select Remember or Force and specifying the geometry.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X