This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED Lightning Calendar with Thunderbird

Have just installed Maverick 64-bit - works fine. Using xul-ext-lightning (lightning 1.0b2) with a symlink for local.sqlite to the same on the Windows 7 64-bit partition, I can have the same calender on both partitions.

I also have a Lucid LTS 32-bit partition and I would like to do the same, but cannot do it. When trying to install lightning 1.0b2 I get the message "not compatible with Thunderbird 3.0.10". So I disable the compatibilityCheck and it installs okay. But the calendar does not show any data with the symlink. Why is that? Different sqlite versions?? Or is it so that the 64-bit data cannot be read by a 32-bit program??

So I try older versions of lightning.xpi - no luck. After some additional googling I try installing Thunderbird 3.1.6 32-bit using Ubuntuzilla. Compatibility OK with 1.0b2 but still no calendar data using the symlink.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Re: Lightning Calendar with Thunderbird

The lightning version that is compatible should be in the repos. Have you looked there?

Comment

Thanks MoonRise - Cannot find any lightning version at all in the lucid repos.

Comment

search for xul-ext-lightning. That is how it appears on this end.

Comment

As mentioned in my original post I did use xul-ext-lightning, from Maverick universe, first the amd64 version for my 64-bit Maverick, then the 32-bit version, that I have applied to my 32-bit 10.04 LTS Lucid, also from the Maverick universe repository. As far as I can find there is no xul-ext-lightning in the Lucid repositories.

Comment

I hope you get it solved because is, in my opinion, the most important T-bird extension ever made. It works great on my 64 bit Maverick and integrates flawlessly with my google calender.

Comment

Solved. It seemed as the problem had to do with sqlite3, so I changed to using the ics-format instead. With this the symlinks from all my Linux partitions work, including 10.04 LTS Lucid.

Comment

Re: SOLVED Lightning Calendar with Thunderbird

I think you hinted at that previously. Good debugging the issue.

Comment

Working...
                X