This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find grip

I am running Kubuntu 10.04 and want to install grip to rip a few new CDs I have just bought but I cannot find it. I have all the default repositories enabled.

Can anyone indicate where it can be found please.

Thanks

Re: Can't find grip

grip has not been updated since 2004. The last *ubuntu release with a package available is jaunty

Comment

Thanks to Skunk for that, a bit of a pain as I found grip a very useful utility. Any recommendations for a replacement ?

Comment

K3b is working good, last time I needed to rip.

Comment

Once again Dibl, absolutely right. K3b does rip quite well, all the years I have been using it to burn Cds/DVDs and not noticed the rip capability.

Only problem is I cannot get it to attach track names, it is set to query freedb but I cannot get to do this and I have not the patience to manually edit the tags !

Comment

I dunno -- I just use the K3b default settings, and rip to .wav, and I get the track numbers and titles. Maybe you need to go to some other file format? Check this:

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index....b_and_Nero_AAC

Comment

Subsequent checks have indicated that is is just the one CD set ( a special 4-CD compilation box set) which is the problem. Mainstreams CDs are read OK by K3b.

What is annoying is that iTunes & Rhythmbox get the track names OK but Amorok won't. iTunes used to use the Gracenote database but the new version will not allow access to db configuration - also very annoying - neither will rhythmbox so I cannot tell for sure which db they are using. For sure, freedb is not doing the business but ultimately I will get it sorted.

Comment

Working...
              X