This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Unable to copy files using Dolphin to SD card

I get the following error trying to copy files (drag and drop using Dolphin) I recently rip'd using Audex to an SD card:

Code:
    Could not write to /media/disk/[...]
    From command-line I can copy these files fine. I can also copy (drag and drop) older files to/from this card just fine with no error, so I'm pretty sure there isn't an issue mounting the card.

This issue has only come up here recently, though I can't recall the last time I tried copying newly rip'd files to SD card.

I'm using KUbuntu 10.04.1 LTS (Linux Home 2.6.32-25-generic).

Re: Unable to copy files using Dolphin to SD card

just to get the simple errors out of the way, check to make sure the card is not locked (physically) and that you have permission to write to the drive.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
      just to get the simple errors out of the way, check to make sure the card is not locked (physically) and that you have permission to write to the drive.
      Check. Not locked on the card. I can drag and drop older files to/from it without any problems.

Comment

Figured it out. When Audex creates the mp3 files it leaves in characters like semi-colons, quotes, etc. I removed them and I was able to drag and drop files.

Comment

Working...
        X