This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age of empires 3 cd won't mount

I'm running AoE3 through PlayonLinux. It runs fine once the CD becomes mounted but usually takes some messing to get it to mount. When I insert the CD, device notifier recognizes that a CD is present. It shows up as "AoE III Disc 1" and says there are 3 actions... download photos, copy cd or open with file manager. If I do nothing, Wine never shows the device (which is /media/AoE III Disk 1/) even if I browse for it, the AoE III Disc 1 folder is not there. Then I have to open the cd with file manager. Dolphin or Konq attempts to open it. It shows the correct path in the location but then dolphin changes to gray and locks up. (And dolphin is hosed until I reboot) I must force/quit it, then go back to wineconfig via PlayonLinux, browse to /media/AoE III Disc 1/ and press autodetect a few times until it finally mounts. Then I can launch and play AoE3. It doesn't seem to be a wine problem. I can mount other game CD's or music CD's just fine on that same CD- drive. I have also tested this CD drive on the other OS and it comes up right away.
    Dell Inspiron 531/AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 4GB RAM/GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    Kubuntu 16.04
    "I have a problem with the fact that they just make really 3rd rate products." Steve Jobs on Microsoft. From “Triumph of the Nerds"
Working...
X