This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMail freezes

I was trying to send emails from a picture or an URL or email address on the web while browsing in FF but if I choose KDE (which means it'll open KMail), it just shows me the message editor and at any point while typing an address or the message contents or clicking on send or attachment buttons, it just freezes... I'm using KDE 4.4.5 in Lucid 10.04.1 and KMail version is 1.13.5.
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
    Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Re: KMail freezes

I know, the problem is old, but Lucid is LTS version. My KMail in Lucid freezes too. Is there anybody with the same problem who verified that upgrade Kubuntu to Maverick or Natty helped?
    Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Have you read my HOWTO Configure KDE and Akonadi so it just works
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
        I tried to read it now, thank you. I found, that a lot of Aconadi processes are constantly running on my computer, but I don't understand how can Aconadi influence freezes in writing new messages about one minute or more.

Comment

If you verify that you have Kontact/Kmail and akonadi configured exactly as I've documented, then it all 'just works' - period. I went through a lot of headache figuring it all out.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
            If you verify that you have Kontact/Kmail and akonadi configured exactly as I've documented, then it all 'just works'.
            I configured everything as you documented and now I see two address books in Kmail: old default one and new Akonadi one. Maybe I should get rid of one of them.

Test results after several days:

When I tested it immediately after install, writing worked as expected and KMail froze during sending new mails.
            When I tested it today, everything worked as expected.

It is my wife's computer. When she works with KMail, everything is as before: KMail often freezes during writing new messages and also during sending new mails, so she claims that i did not repaire it.

Comment

Working...
            X