X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.5.2

Has anybody updated to 4.5.2 yet?

Re: KDE 4.5.2

It appears users of 10.04 LTS won't be able to upgrade to 4.5.2 unless we upgrade to 10.10. Does this mean we lose LTS then?
    Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

Yes. 10.10 isn't going to be a LTS release. But, KDE 4.5.2 will surely (eventually) be available for users of 10.04.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I got the info from here......

http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-sc-4.5.2

It seems to me 4.5.2 would run on 10.04 LTS. What's the sense to have a LTS version if you can't upgrade it?
        Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

@eddieg780: Read again:

"There are no packages planned for Kubuntu 10.04 LTS, we recommend updating to 10.10 if you want to try the newest software, either upgrade to the release candidate or wait for the final release on Sunday."

The sense of having an LTS-version is to have a rock solid version for 3 years on the desktop and 5 years on the server.
          Most important laptop specs (this is my main computer, with Kubuntu on it):<br /><br />4096MB RAM (DDR2)<br />500GB Hard Disk<br />ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM<br />Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T6600<br /><br />OS: Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

Originally posted by tomp01
            Has anybody updated to 4.5.2 yet?
            Yup. Did it this morning on desktop and netbook. Both 32- and 64-bit installations appear to work fine.
            we see things not as they are, but as we are.
            -- anais nin

Comment

wizard +1
              KDE 4.5.2 running fine here on 64-bit Kubuntu 10.10
              Most important laptop specs (this is my main computer, with Kubuntu on it):<br /><br />4096MB RAM (DDR2)<br />500GB Hard Disk<br />ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM<br />Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T6600<br /><br />OS: Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

4.5.2 running fine on Maverick 64-bit

Originally posted by eddieg780
                I got the info from here......

http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-sc-4.5.2

It seems to me 4.5.2 would run on 10.04 LTS. What's the sense to have a LTS version if you can't upgrade it?
                The Lts version is for people who *don't* want to upgrade, who don't care about the latest versions and only want a system that just runs, with at the most installing occasional bugfixes.
                If you don't fit into that group and do want the latest versions, just upgrade to Maverick.
                Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

im very temped i just upgraded to maverick on my desktop (well installed it over perserving my /home ). in the next few days i will prolly upgrade since i like to keep kde updated.
                  Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                  (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
                  X