This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] KPackageKit update error

I installed p7zip on my computer a couple weeks ago and shortly afterwards (a couple days later maybe), I got a notice for an update on KPackageKit. But I clicked on the update and I got this message:

The specified update could not be found.
    It could have already been installed or no longer available on the remote server.
    Details: The version 9.04~dfsg.1-1 of p7zip-full isn't an update to the current 9.04~dfsg.1-1
    Now every time I have an update for any software and I select all updates to install, I get that message and cannot uninstall any update unless I uncheck the p7zip update. I uninstalled p7zip from my system and I'm still getting that message. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
    Kubuntu 10.10 with KDE 4.5.2<br />Gateway MT6840<br />Intel Core Duo T2450 2.0GHz<br />1GB RAM

Re: KPackageKit update error

Open a console and type:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    You should be fine.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

That was easy. Thanks a lot!
      Kubuntu 10.10 with KDE 4.5.2<br />Gateway MT6840<br />Intel Core Duo T2450 2.0GHz<br />1GB RAM

Comment

You're welcome. KPackageKit, the default package manager, still just isn't up to snuff as a full-fledged package manager. What you experienced is it's inability to handle dependencies. Running apt-get dist-upgrade from the console does.

If you want a GUI package manager that works, install either Synaptic or Muon, both of which can be selected/installed from KPackageKit, or from a console with:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install synaptic
        or
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install muon
        Either one will appear in K > System

These two GUI package managers work.

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] KPackageKit update error

Muon wasn't found in the package manager or through the terminal.

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] KPackageKit update error

Oops. Yes, it isn't (yet) in the standard repositories, but is scheduled to be. You can, if you want, add the developers ppa repository from the console by typing:
            Code:
            sudo sudo add-apt-repository ppa:echidnaman/qapt
            sudo apt-get update
            You will then find muon in Synaptic, KPackageKit, or installed from the console as previously posted.

Comment

Working...
            X