This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard has suddenly started disconnecting

I have two machines one Ubuntu Lucid and one Kubuntu Lucid. They share a bluetooth keyboard through a KVM switch. As of last week both were working. At this point my KDE machine disconnects from the keyboard on the first keystroke. The Ubuntu machine is still okay. What I've tried/checked so far without success

I can connect my keyboard through Kbluetooth but it disconnects when I start typing.
    The timeout time is set to none.
    I tried rebooting and then reinstalling the software to no avail.
    I replaced the batteries in the keyboard.
    Plugging the bluetooth usb adapter directly into the KDE box.
    Removing and then adding the trust

I find this in the syslog:

2010-09-18 12:09:42 godel bluetoothd[1911] link_key_request (sba=00:1BC:0F:F1:E7, dba=00:22:48:87:B3:49)
    2010-09-18 12:09:42 godel bluetoothd[1911] Encryption failed: Permission denied(0x5)

Here's the kbluetoothrc from my home folder

[KBlueLock]
    Device=
    LockEnabled=false
    UnlockEnabled=true

[ObexServer]
    Autostart=true
    savePath=/home/bruce/Documents

Any ideas on how to proceed

Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard has suddenly started disconnecting

Did you try putting both your bluetooth service and your keyboard & mouse into discovery mode and re-binding them?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re: Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard has suddenly started disconnecting

Yes, I did. The search finds the keyboard (my Mouse isn't bluetooth) but when I get to the point where I'm supposed to enter the new key code, the system doesn't see and keystrokes and times out.

Just to be sure it wasn't a keyboard issue I tried moving the keyboard to an old winxp machine. It worked fine...maybe 45 seconds to setup...so it's something in my kubuntu system.

I tried moving to the blueman bluetooth manager and it has the same problem as kbluetooth.

Comment

Working...
      X