This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kde-guidance?

Is kde-guidance no longer available? It's in the lenny repository but Synaptic reported that quite a few changes would be required so I backed away. It was a very useful utility! I used "Disks and filesystems" often.
    -- Werdigo49
    Registered Linux User #291592
    Kubuntu Xenial Xerus (16.04)

Re: kde-guidance?

Most of kde-guidance was never ported to KDE4. The user configuration utility was ported as "userconfig" and is now part of the default Kubuntu installation.

As for the Disks and Filesystem module, you may wish to look in to installing the "MountManager" application which, while rough around the edges, should accomplish what you wish.

Comment

Re: kde-guidance?

Originally posted by JontheEchidna
      Most of kde-guidance was never ported to KDE4. The user configuration utility was ported as "userconfig" and is now part of the default Kubuntu installation.

As for the Disks and Filesystem module, you may wish to look in to installing the "MountManager" application which, while rough around the edges, should accomplish what you wish.
      Thanks, Jon. I just installed MountManager. It looks quite powerful, and therefore should be used carefully, but I simply changed the default for "who has access to this partition" (or some similar expression) from Administrator Only to Everyone. (I'm just using a private home computer.) On the restart, my "disk" and "disk-1" partitions were mounted with no request for password.

This is what I was after. Thanks again!
      -- Werdigo49
      Registered Linux User #291592
      Kubuntu Xenial Xerus (16.04)

Comment

Working...
      X