This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kontact frozen

I am using ubuntu 10.04 and added the KDE desktop to try it out along with all the default applications for kubuntu. Everything went pretty well and is working except for Kontact. I set it up and it was working (had a little issue with Akonadi not having resources at first but I fixed that. What is happening now is occasionally Kontact freezes and will not allow any input. You cant click on anything it locks up completely. I can click on the close window button and it asks if I want to terminate

The window "Summary - Kontact" is not responding. It belongs to the application kontact (Process ID = 14483, hostname = localhost).
    Do you wish to terminate the application process including all of its child windows?
    Any unsaved data will be lost.

Then I can get out. I can not get back in until I have shut down and restarted the computer and then only occasionally. I have searched and searched for a answer to this or a place to start and haven't found any info that helps.

I can use all of the apps like Kmail, Kcontact, Feed Reader etc.. just fine by themselves. So It must be a problem with Kontact not one of the other applications.

Re: Kontact frozen

After some extra thought I am pretty sure this has to do with the aforementioned Akonadi issue. So I deleted the Akonadi resource from settings and sure enough Kontact unfreezes but I am back to having KAddressBook nonoperational.

Comment

See HOWTO Configure KDE and Akonadi so it just works
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
        I tried all the instructions in that link and it worked for a little while then Kontact freezes. The only way to get it working again is to delete the added Akonadi personal contact resource. But then I go back to having the error.

I followed all of the instructions including setting up Akonadi to starup early as stated in the thread.

So I am still stuck.

Comment

What version of KDE are you running?
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

KDE 4.4.2 on Ubuntu 10.04

Comment

Working...
            X