Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolphin SSH connection/login (SVN integration)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin SSH connection/login (SVN integration)

Hi All,
    I recently came across a most annoying feature in Dolphin: the SVN integration. In order to generate status overlays the SVN plugin in Dolphin connects to the repository every time a subversioned folder is opened.
    This not only creates a lot of connection overhead, but also almost got me blocked by our network admin (because I have a repo on department servers and sometimes connect from home).

If you see spurious SSH login prompts that keep popping up or SSH just lots of SSH connection if you have a public key set up, while you are browsing subversioned folders, then this is caused by the Dolphin SVN plugin.

Unfortunately this is not so easy to disable, and that's why I'm posting this.
    You have to add
    Code:
    [VersionControl]
    disabledPlugins=Subversion
    to your dolphinrc (located in ~/.kde/share/config/). There is no GUI way of doing this, as far as I know.
    Here is where I found this: http://ppenz.blogspot.com/2009/12/ve...l-support.html (discussion at the bottom of the page).

I hope this saves someone some time...
    Chopstick

P/S I think this will be fixed or there will be a GUI option to disable it in KDE 4.5...
Working...
X