Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] Drag and arrange running programs on taskbar?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Drag and arrange running programs on taskbar?

Hi all,

I'm coming from Windows in where there is a program called TaskbarShuffle which lets one drag and arrange their running programs in the taskbar. Is there a way I can do this in Kubuntu 10.04 (KDE) ?

Re: Drag and arrange running programs on taskbar?

you could try right clicking one of the taskbar entry's and click "task manager settings" then set sorting to manual.....I have NOT tried this so let us know how it goes

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Good find, that does work. Thanks!

Comment

thanks for letting us know

VINNY

PS:you can eddit the OP and add solved to it
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Drag and arrange running programs on taskbar?

On a similar note, does anyone know how the manual grouping option works?
          (The menu option just next to sorting in the Taskbar settings.)

I somehow don't see how you can group items, once it is set to manual...

Chopstick

Comment

Where do you see that in the Taskbar settings? 'Cause I have no option for manual grouping here on KDE 4.5.1
            Most important laptop specs (this is my main computer, with Kubuntu on it):<br /><br />4096MB RAM (DDR2)<br />500GB Hard Disk<br />ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM<br />Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T6600<br /><br />OS: Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

Sorry, Task Manager Settings... but still right-click on the task bar...

But I'm on KDE 4.4.2, so they probably removed that - maybe because it was non-functional (or seems to be...)

Chopstick

Comment

Originally posted by Chopstick
                On a similar note, does anyone know how the manual grouping option works?
                (The menu option just next to sorting in the Taskbar settings.)

I somehow don't see how you can group items, once it is set to manual...
                You can create groups (and ungroup) by holding the "alt" button while dragging tasks.

Originally posted by Vistaus
                Where do you see that in the Taskbar settings? 'Cause I have no option for manual grouping here on KDE 4.5.1
                Are you using the default task manager, or another similar widget (like smooth tasks)?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus
                  It definitely is there in Kde 4.5.1. It works fine, too.
                  Right-click on the taskbar, then select "Task Manager Settings". In the "Grouping" dropdown menu, you have three options: "Do Not Sort", "Manually" and "By Program Name".

In the "Sorting" dropdown you have the choice between "Do Not Sort", "Manually", "Alphabetically" and "By Desktop".
                  Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

This manual grouping is a really cool feature! There are still some Bugs, but it works good enough to be useful (in KDE 4.4.2 anyway).
                    It seems the desktop environment (and Dolphin) has a lot of useful feature now, and I suspect I only know a fraction of it!
                    Is there a brief overview that introduces the most useful feature?

Chopstick

Comment

Working...
                    X