X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The start button has disappeared

hello,
    The start button has disappeared from the bar at the bottom.

could someone kindly tell me what I can do to bring it back?

Re: The start button has disappeared

"Start"?

You must have recently migrated from Windows.

Right click on a clear area of your panel and unlock your widgets, if they are locked.
    Right mouse on a clear area of your panel and select "Add Widgets".

You will see two KGear icons. One is marked "Application Launcher Menu". Install it.
    Close the widget tool bar and lock your widgets so that you don't inadvertently delete a toolbar icon again.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

You mean Application Launcher. The menu one is the traditional menu, the one I mention is the KDE Kickoff-menu.
      Most important laptop specs (this is my main computer, with Kubuntu on it):<br /><br />4096MB RAM (DDR2)<br />500GB Hard Disk<br />ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM<br />Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T6600<br /><br />OS: Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

No. The menu option. Install the other and you get the XP-type default menu, which you could change to the traditional menu tree by right clicking on it and selecting "Switch to classic ..."
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Really? That's odd
          'Cause when I install the Application Launcher here, I get the Kickoff one. When I go for the Menu-option, it gives me the traditional menu tree
          Most important laptop specs (this is my main computer, with Kubuntu on it):<br /><br />4096MB RAM (DDR2)<br />500GB Hard Disk<br />ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM<br />Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T6600<br /><br />OS: Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

Exactly.

I assumed (my fault) that he wanted the traditional menu tree, which is why I recommended it.

Comment

Working...
            X