This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Installing Conky with lua error

I've been trying to install Conky and I keep running into issues. Many sites say to just run sudo apt-get install conky from the terminal, but it doesn't work and the program isn't listed in KPackageKit. So I went to install it from the tarball and it said I didn't have pkg-config installed. So I installed pkg-config and it said I didn't have X11 installed. So I installed X11 and it said I didn't have lua5.1 installed. Now I installed lua5.1 and I'm still getting the same message:

Code:
    checking for X11... yes
    checking for LUA... no
    checking for LUA51... no
    checking for LUA51... configure: error: Package requirements (lua5.1 >= 5.1) were not met:

No package 'lua5.1' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
    installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LUA51_CFLAGS
    and LUA51_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
    See the pkg-config man page for more details.
    I'm not sure what to do next, so if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it a lot.
    Kubuntu 10.10 with KDE 4.5.2<br />Gateway MT6840<br />Intel Core Duo T2450 2.0GHz<br />1GB RAM

Re: Installing Conky with lua error

conky is found when I search for it in KPackageKit. The results are:

conky-all
    conky-std
    conky-cli
    conky

You want to install conky.

In KPackageKit > Edit Software Sources > Kubuntu Software ensure that you have all the entries checked (you don't need to check the last one - Source code).
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Installing Conky with lua error

Ok, thanks. I must have spelled it wrong when I first searched KPackageKit.
      Kubuntu 10.10 with KDE 4.5.2<br />Gateway MT6840<br />Intel Core Duo T2450 2.0GHz<br />1GB RAM

Comment

Working...
      X