This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]VirtualBox-OSE and sound

OK so I finaley got a AHum copy of windows 7 and was playing with it in VBox .......virtualbox-ose (3.2.0-dfsg-1ubuntu1~lucid1) to be exact.

I did the guest additions using the /home/vinny/.VirtualBox/VBoxGuestAdditions_3.2.0.iso in win-7 but still cant get sound from it.........every thing else seams to work fine so far though.

eney one that know's what to do please chime in as I don't have a clue......the sound has worked in linux tests in VBox ........this is the first windows product I'v tried.

checking in the windows device manager the sound is listed as a problem device with no drivers...but letting it look for drivers gets none

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Re: VirtualBox-OSE and sound

so it seams I had to let windows update it's self with windows update (witch included a AC97 audio update) and now sound is good in the win-7 VM

VINNY
    16GB RAM

Comment

Re: [SOLVED]VirtualBox-OSE and sound

You got Win7 installed JUST IN TIME for the old 2001 email worm, which is now making the rounds AGAIN! And Windows is still just as susceptible!
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re: [SOLVED]VirtualBox-OSE and sound

Originally posted by GreyGeek
        You got Win7 installed JUST IN TIME for the old 2001 email worm, which is now making the rounds AGAIN! And Windows is still just as susceptible!
        LOL .......well yes it is windows after all

and so far I'm not that impressed with it ......still looks and acts like windows just prettied up some.

of coarse the second thing DL'ed right after the windows updates was AVAST free home.......as with any windows I may find myself in front of.

My Kubuntu is prettier faster(well it is in a VM) and more functional for what I do and in my opinion ........so I dont think any windows will be a primarey OS in any of my boxes by choise ever agin.

but I get bord and dont play video games so I play VBox for entertainment....he he
        so lets see if we can get this thing infected for fun....LOL

VINNY

16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
        X