Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems after uprating to KDE 4.5 (old kdebase-runtime, user login, hotkeys..)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems after uprating to KDE 4.5 (old kdebase-runtime, user login, hotkeys..)

Hi.

I upgrated from KDE 4.4.5 to 4.5 two or three days ago and noticed some strange behaviors.

First, I can no longer do CTRL+TAB to switch windows, nothing happens. However the effets and the hotkeys are activated in the conf panel.

I also tried to create a new account, but I cannot login. It prompts to create a new password, but I cannot select the fields... and then nothing it just kind of freezes. Logs don't seem to contain anything about this.

Finally, following other forum threads I saw that my 'kdebase-runtime' package version is still 4.4.2 instead of 4.5. But I can't upgrade it (via apt-get or aptitude, even with dist-* or -f option).

I don't really know what do to to resolve this. Your help would be appreciated, thanks.

Re: Problems after uprating to KDE 4.5 (old kdebase-runtime, user login, hotkeys..)

It was resolved deactivating the Ubuntu repository, allowing the system to install the 4.5 version of kdebase-runtime, and then upgrading other packages.

I don't understand why it upgrated (with dist-upgrade) lots of KDE packages but kdebase-runtime which was still in 4.4.2... Can anyone offer an explanation?

Comment

Working...
    X