This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.4.5 display all windows query

I'm in KDE 4.4.5 with Nvidia driver and with desktop effects enabled. Every now and then, I do a mouse movement which brings up a display of all my open windows. It's rather handy, but I cannot figure out how to get it -- intentionally. Is this documented somewhere?

Thanks in advance.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: KDE 4.4.5 display all windows query

I do a mouse movement which brings up a display of all my open windows. It's rather handy, but I cannot figure out how to get it -- intentionally.
    This has to do with your screen edges and how they are activated.

maybe this will point you in the right direction:
    http://www.raiden.net/articles/the_k..._look__feel/3/
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Aha, what I was seeing was "Present windows - all desktops". Trouble is, I have now selected that for the ULH corner, but it only works once. Then the only way I can get it to work again, is to unselect and reselect it and click on apply,and I'm good for one more round.

That's not quite true. The time it took me to type that paragraph, I got it once more. There seems to be a time delay between allowed activations of the effect.

Also, it gets confused. I have "Desktop cube - cylinder" (wild!) in the middle at the top. But use of the ULH sometimes goes to the cylinder.

Plus, what can one do with the cylinder except rotate it? I'd like to be able to use it to select a desktop. Doc anywhere? I haven't found it with Google.

Fascinating stuff!
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Plus, what can one do with the cylinder except rotate it? I'd like to be able to use it to select a desktop. Doc anywhere? I haven't found it with Google.
        I haven't done this for a while but I believe you have to click (right / left?? ) on the desktop you wi9sh to open when rotating.

Have a look here:
        http://www.fsdaily.com/EndUser/KDE4_...ew_Cube_plugin
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
        X