This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] - How to prevent Kontact from running on startup

I know this may seem quite rudimentary, but I don't know how to do this. Somehow, I changed something in my 10.04 setup today, and now when I start it up, the Kontact application starts automatically and plops its big window in the middle of the desktop. Can someone tell me how to set programs to start (and NOT start) when the OS starts? I've played around, and couldn't find it on my own. Thanks!
    PETERV<br />17&quot; MacBook Pro - Snow Leopard<br />OS&#39;s: Snow Leopard 10.6.4/Kubuntu 10.04/Windows XP Pro SP3<br />Parallels 5.0<br />2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB SDRAM<br />WD 1TB My Book Studio quad-interface External Drive

Re: How to prevent Kontact from running on startup

You probably need to turn off KDE's session restore feature, at least temporarily

Kmenu -- System Settings -- Advanced -- Session Management, you can even specify programs to exclude from startup if you need to.

Comment

[SOLVED] Re: How to prevent Kontact from running on startup

Thanks!
      PETERV<br />17&quot; MacBook Pro - Snow Leopard<br />OS&#39;s: Snow Leopard 10.6.4/Kubuntu 10.04/Windows XP Pro SP3<br />Parallels 5.0<br />2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB SDRAM<br />WD 1TB My Book Studio quad-interface External Drive

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] - How to prevent Kontact from running on startup

This would also be the same area where i would prevent bluetooth to be excluded from startup? If so, how would i type it inside the 'exclude', perhaps by the actual filename?

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] - How to prevent Kontact from running on startup

bluetooth is a service not an application you would disable that in the Srvices section, but I don't think it shows up there

you CAN just uninstall anything bluetooth related, which is what I did

The actual KDE bluetooth app's command name escapes me, probably kbluetooth

there are a couple recent threads on bluetooth somewhere

Comment

Working...
          X