Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X hangs with flashing mouse pointer when moving between screens (xinerama)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X hangs with flashing mouse pointer when moving between screens (xinerama)

Hi,
    I have recently just updated from Hardy to Lucid and am running KDE 4.4.2, all up to date. I also recently added a new wireless mouse, Logitech MX 620, at the same kind of time so I'm unsure if that has anything to do with this..

X seems to crash occasionally when performing a transition from one of my monitors to the other (I run triple display with xinerama). Upon doing so it eats 100% of one of the CPUs and the mouse pointer flickers on the screen quickly. You can move the mouse a small amount but it seems to be like it's not processing all of the movements. This basically causes X to hang and I can't do anything other than kill -9 the X process after SSH'ing in to the box from another machine. CTRL + ALT + BACKSPACE doesn't do anything and I can't switch to a shell with CTRL + ALT + F2 etc.

Anyone else seen this problem or know how I might fix it or find out the cause?

The Xorg.0.log of the crashed process seemed to contain:

[dix] EventToCore: Not implemented yet
    [dix] EventToCore: Not implemented yet

a lot at the end but I'm not sure if this happened prior to the problem or not as it doesn't timestamp the file (any way to turn that on?)

Thanks,

john
Working...
X