X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.5 RC1 packages are available

I'm downloading now.

Re: KDE 4.5 RC1 packages are available

I have already been using it since this morning.

- Quick Access work again.
    - Dolphin and folder with videos still cause the whole desktop to be unresponsive.
    - Can't disable Akonadi/Nepomuk no matter what, already disabled in System Settings and /usr/share/autostart =/
    - Otherwise awesome release.

Cheers,
    HP ProBook 4310s - ATI Radeon Mobility 4330 - pae kernel<br /><br />http://idyllictux.wordpress.com/

Comment

i was hoping this would sort a crash issue, but no. I've had a look around and I can't see something exactly the same.

On logging out the screen closes very quickly and I think kde is crashing. The attempt tp logout looses the desktop settings such as wallpaper changes, last login and the folder view widget.

i created a new user and things seem better for him! I've just tried the new account again and that works fine saving the settings at logout.

help,

mike.

Comment

Ah, Quick Access is back!

But Kaffeine still doesn't play video (audio is ok) unless I first switch to another tab like "Playlist" and then back to "Playback"... and Amarok stops playing 2-3 seconds early and doesn't advance to the next track. Or is that just on my comp?

Comment

so it sounds like rc1 is a lot less explody than beta 2...

Comment

Printer configuration in system settings doesn't work. So far no further problems.

Comment

The only thing I've noticed so far is that my desktop won't keep widgets on it -- if I ever reboot or restart the widgets (folders, yawp app) disappear... though the widgets list still lists those widgets as being deployed.

Haven't tried the printer configuration settings, but overall RC1 is quite usable for me so far.

Comment

I still see conflicts and dependency problems when I mark package to upgrade, so I'm just going to leave it alone for now. I hope the final will work right.

Cheers,
                zenarcher
                Kubuntu 16.10 (64 Bit)<br />MSI K9NGM4-V V2<br />AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+<br />4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 RAM<br />NVIDIA GeForce 210 PCI-E 1MB<br />WD 250GB SATA HD<br />Dell SP2009W Flat Panel Monitor

Comment

Originally posted by mfabry
                  Printer configuration in system settings doesn't work.
                  Same here, it just shows some error message: (click for big)

[img width=400 height=250]http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1385/printerconfigerror.png[/img]

Running systemsettings as root doesn't change anything.
                  Printing works still fine, though.

No problems with Dolphin and folders containing videos (using ffmpegthumbs for thumbnails).
                  Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

I found one more little detail: the handle that appears when you hover your mouse over a plasma widget on the desktop is empty, i.e. there are no icons in it
                    You can still move the widget gripping the handle.
                    Anyone can confirm?
                    Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

That seems to depend on the plasma style used.

Oh, another bug -- deleting an email in kmail messes up the message list. It jumps to the first message, and the scroll bar handle fills up the whole scroll bar (as if there were only those messages currently visible) so you can't scroll down any more. This goes away when you select a message.

Comment

Working...
                      X