This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could not find requested component: icon

I've just done a fresh install of Kubuntu 10.04, and I'm getting the following error:

Code:
    "This object could not be created for the following readon:
    Could not find requested component: icon"
    What I'm trying to do is add the Kate editor to the panel. It puts a red icon with a white x onto the panel. I have no idea what the problem is, as I've done this before. Can anyone help me out?
    PETERV<br />17&quot; MacBook Pro - Snow Leopard<br />OS&#39;s: Snow Leopard 10.6.4/Kubuntu 10.04/Windows XP Pro SP3<br />Parallels 5.0<br />2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB SDRAM<br />WD 1TB My Book Studio quad-interface External Drive

Re: Could not find requested component: icon

Works fine here, 10.04, KDE 4.4.4.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Glad to hear it. That really helps me out.
      PETERV<br />17&quot; MacBook Pro - Snow Leopard<br />OS&#39;s: Snow Leopard 10.6.4/Kubuntu 10.04/Windows XP Pro SP3<br />Parallels 5.0<br />2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB SDRAM<br />WD 1TB My Book Studio quad-interface External Drive

Comment

Are you adding the kate api as a widget or dragging an icon or what?

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by peterv6
          I've just done a fresh install of Kubuntu 10.04, and I'm getting the following error:

Code:
          "This object could not be created for the following readon:
          Could not find requested component: icon"
          What I'm trying to do is add the Kate editor to the panel. It puts a red icon with a white x onto the panel. I have no idea what the problem is, as I've done this before.Can anyone help me out?
          No problems here.
          Right-click the x in the panel and select "Edit Icon", then click on the icon and select the proper icon for it. You can find the Firefox icon under "Other".
          Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

If you are using either the Application Launcher Menu or Kickoff Application Launcher widgets, it is simply a matter of right-clicking on the desired entry and clicking on Add to Panel. Works perfectly here.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

This may be a "duh" thing - but you have to have panel widgets unlocked to get the option to add to panel.

Please Read Me

Comment

Once it's there, you should be able to right click on it, select Icon Settings, click on the little wrench to the right of the dialog box, click on the icon image -- and a dialog should open allowing you to select any icon you wish.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                X