Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KAddressBook documentation - where is it???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KAddressBook documentation - where is it???

I increasingly dread getting into new KDE programs, 'cause it's almost always the same story: documentation is piss poor at best. KAddressBook is a case in point.

I need a quick addressbook / contact manager that I can dump the data out of, in text, and input to, using text files. KAddressBook has such functionality, according to the main menu functions, but I cannot find any documentation on it. How can I input addresses if I don't know what the field names are? Does anyone actually USE this program? What were the developers thinking such that they'd release it without documenting the menu option - all of them - adequately.

So - any help out there? Anyone know of any decent documentation for this? I've Googled and not come up with much. The official documentation - http://userbase.kde.org/KAddressBook - is useful, as far as it goes, which is decidely NOT far enough.

As it is, I cannot use this thing.

Re: KAddressBook documentation - where is it

I'll agree, that quality documentation in KDE is an area that would benefit greatly from some attention. That said, often one can gain insight from doing.

Create a contact. Complete every field on all tabs. Save, and then export to .csv and take a look at the output.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: KAddressBook documentation - where is it

Ah. So mind-bogglingly sensible (which is why it didn't occur to me, I suspect). Once again you rescue me from myself. Well...time to do it and see what happens - likely a good thing!

Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
      X