This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove from trash

How to remove from trash items which do not want to remove itself? In my trash, there is an empty folder which I cannot remove from it (I mean - I cannot empty the trash). When I restore it it does not disappear from trash. The trash belonging to su is empty.

Re: Remove from trash

Originally posted by liquid
    How to remove from trash items which do not want to remove itself? In my trash, there is an empty folder which I cannot remove from it (I mean - I cannot empty the trash). When I restore it it does not disappear from trash. The trash belonging to su is empty.
    Easy,

1. Open your "Home" directory with Dolphin, then select "Show Hidden Files" item from the "View" menu.
    2. Go into ".local/share/Trash/" folder
    3. There should be two folders in Trash: "files" and "info". The file you sent to trash are contained (whether they are empty or not) in "files" folder. And their information are stored ind "info" folder. You should delete those files and their infos with rm command on a terminal.
    4. Open a terminal (konsole) and type "sudo rm -R" then drag and drop the file you want to delete onto konsole so it can get it's full path. (do this for both files and infos)

This should look like :
    Code:
    sudo rm -R /home/YOURUSERNAME/.local/share/Trash/files/filetodeletemanually
    and

Code:
    sudo rm /home/YOURUSERNAME/.local/share/Trash/info/infofileofthefiletodelete

5. when asked, give your password, and it will be deleted.

Regards

Comment

FYI: This usually occurs because you ran a GUI program as root using sudoor su instead of kdesudo. You're well advised to use kdesudo to launch a GUI program as root...

Please Read Me

Comment

Thx oblivion. Everything went well. After that, I had to "Empty trash" at my desktop again manually because it did not refresh its state; that wasn't big thing however.

Comment

Working...
        X