Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[RESOLVED] Where is Ricoh 3000 ppd? Foomatic?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] Where is Ricoh 3000 ppd? Foomatic?

It has been some time since I either had to install this printer, or had problems doing so.

Any distro, including Kubuntu, in the recent past, has had knowledge of my Ricoh CL 3000, so I just add the printer, go to Ricoh, go to CL3000, and get on with my day.

Have just installed 10.04 under vbox hosted by xp.

When I look at, for example, my CentOS system, I see the Ricoh .ppd's under foomatic's directory. I have installed foomatic-db on this 10.04, now.

When I go to systemsettings / printer / add / etc., I no longer see this CL3000 as an option to be chosen.

What irritating thing have I forgotten to do this time such that the CL 3000 is not listed.

I don't, really, see any more printer choices having added foomatic than I did before.

Suggestions? Please!

Re: Where is Ricoh 3000 ppd? Foomatic?

Stumbled across the solution.

[Gave up on 10.04 under VirtualBox on top of XP - not ready for prime time, particularly graphics speed. But - googling would seem to indicate this problem / speed is 10.04 induced, particularly the platinum theme. Went back to vmware player.]

See openprinting (linuxprinting) packages. Not sure which one, the 'base' or the extras, provided the smarts / ppd, but I can just pick my printer out of the list now.

Comment

Working...
    X