X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.4.4 has been released

http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.4.4.php
    Using Linux since 1999<br />Current system openSUSE 11.3 <br />Toshiba A505-S6035<br />Intel core i7, Nvidia 300m GT<br />4 gigs of DDR3, SATA 500 gig 7200 rpm hard drive

Re: KDE 4.4.4 has been released

Ya, I just upgraded to it from the repository, using Synaptic. 155 files downloaded. So far it is running great, but so did 4.4.3.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It is only a bug fix release so it should run as well or better then 4.4.3 8)
      Using Linux since 1999<br />Current system openSUSE 11.3 <br />Toshiba A505-S6035<br />Intel core i7, Nvidia 300m GT<br />4 gigs of DDR3, SATA 500 gig 7200 rpm hard drive

Comment

So far no surprises.
        Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Comment

We won't have to really worry 'bout KDE stability issues until it hits version 6.6.6. (or will they opt to skip that particular release? )
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yikes hadn't thought I that! I'd bet a weeks donuts they skip it...

Please Read Me

Comment

My friend who is a Chinese says 444 is a bad number in their culture. Cos 4 sounds similar to death in their culture.
              HP ProBook 4310s - ATI Radeon Mobility 4330 - pae kernel<br /><br />http://idyllictux.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
                We won't have to really worry 'bout KDE stability issues until it hits version 6.6.6. (or will they opt to skip that particular release? )
                There are no releases scheduled after 666
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Does anyone knows why the people of Ubuntu don't move this updates to the official repositories?
                  Because there are maninly bugfixes, and I think that is better to have installed the version 4.4.4 than the official 4.4.2.

Comment

Off the top of my head I'd say KDE isn't what they're paid to worry about?

You can add the repo yourself or wait a few days...

Please Read Me

Comment

(Earlier > Topic: (SOLVED) Is Kubuntu LTS Software Upgraded Over the 3 Years?)

Does anyone knows why the people of Ubuntu don't move this updates to the official repositories?
                      Because there are maninly bugfixes, and I think that is better to have installed the version 4.4.4 than the official 4.4.2.
                      Because > Kubuntu Updates Policy:
                      ...-updates is promised to be regression free. First, microversion updates will be uploaded to a PPA and tested. Additionally, upstream bug reports and svn commits will be monitored for signs of regression. If regressions are detected, they will be resolved before moving forward. Once PPA testing is satisfactory, the packages will move to -proposed and the testing process will continue with a broader audience. Once testing is complete and the packages are sufficiently aged, they will be copied to -updates...

More of the repositories > FAQ: Repositories

edit

... and there will be KDE SC 4.4.5:

> kde-release team: 4.4.5?
                      > 4.4 Release Schedule:
                      June 29th, 2010: Release KDE 4.4.5
                      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
                      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
                      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Thanks!!! Very useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Rog131

... and there will be KDE SC 4.4.5:

> kde-release team: 4.4.5?
                          > 4.4 Release Schedule:
                          June 29th, 2010: Release KDE 4.4.5
                          KDE 4.4.5 already out for kubuntu, yesterday I upgraded my machines (it showed ad an update, same channel as for 4.4.4

Comment

Working...
                          X