X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I set KDE as default desktop at autologin

I installed lxde and I like using that at times. I have two issues:

If I log out, kdm does not come back up and I get a blank screen and only the power button seems to shut the computer down (plymouth comes up and it shuts down propertly)

leading to...

It logs automatically back into lxde.

I went into systemsettings and disabled the autologin feature for now, but I find this an odd workaround.

Is there something I can do (even by editing a file) to always make it select KDE by default when kdm is called?

I would also like "logout" on ldxe to call on kdm. It seems it is not doing that.

Re: How do I set KDE as default desktop at autologin

Have you tried xdm instead of kdm?

Please Read Me

Comment

You may find something in:

/usr/share/config/kdm/kdmrc

HTH
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Toad makes a good point - there is a setting in kdmrc that allows or dis-allows auto-RE-login:

[X-*-Core]
        AllowNullPasswd=false
        AllowRootLogin=false
        AllowShutdown=Root
        AutoReLogin=false

Please Read Me

Comment

This is somewhat of a workaround but it helps a little. I still want to use kdm as my manager, but it is somewhat annoying that it just assumes your last desktop session is the "default."

Not sure why it is not calling kdm back when logging out of lxde.

Comment

Yeah, I'm experiencing some freak stuff of late on my desktop - skype being called twice even though it is not in autostart, etc. Time to start with an empty session and build up from it...
            Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
            X