This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MoBo Driver

I would like to get the most out of my gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P do I need to write my own driver or are there some out there to support all the built in functions

Re: MoBo Driver

Which hardware device doesn't function?
    Using Linux since 1999<br />Current system openSUSE 11.3 <br />Toshiba A505-S6035<br />Intel core i7, Nvidia 300m GT<br />4 gigs of DDR3, SATA 500 gig 7200 rpm hard drive

Comment

Without referring to the specs for that mobo, I will offer the following:

- the Linux kernel will support all the really important items (hard drive SATA or ATA interface, ethernet, PCI bus, USB, ATAPI, chipset and memory, etc.)

- if there's an onboard sound chip, then the ALSA project probably has a driver, unless the chip is so cutting edge that one hasn't been written yet

- lm-sensors may or may not be able to support some or all of the thermal sensors (research at their web site will yield the details on that subject)

- onboard "hardware" RAID will NOT be supported by a Linux driver

- any other exotica probably will not be supported

other thoughts:

- hddtemp will pull the hard drive temps for you, if you want them

- if you use an Nvidia card, nvclock will pull the GPU temp for you

- gkrellm is a reasonable system monitor for starters. For serious, and involving a serious learning curve, you can use conky

Comment

It's not that it doesn't function there are some great utilities that Gigabyte offers to increase performance and conserve power; also it is compatible with AMD's own overclocking/optimizing software. And has just about everything itegrated except graphics

info on the Mobo can be found at http://www.giga-byte.com/Products/Mo...ProductID=3038

My graphics card is aHIS H467QS1GH Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX

Thank you for your posts

Comment

Working...
        X