This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KPackageKit dependencies + FireFox woes

I can't use KPackageKit. I can start it but once I try to do something it says there are broken dependencies and I have to use an advanced package manager but I've got no clue as to how to do something like that.

Also, when I try to install FireFox I get a message it's already been installed but the entry 'install' is still in the menu so I can't run it.

Re: KPackageKit dependencies + FireFox woes

Open a console. Type:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    Then, do your self a favor, and install Synaptic package manager:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install synaptic
    After it's installed, start using it and stop using KPackageKit. KPackageKit just isn't ready for 'prime time' and, IMO, should never have been made the default package manager.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: KPackageKit dependencies + FireFox woes

Apparently, KPackageKit decided to demolish my WiFi-client along the way too so I had to fall back to paper to jot down the syntaxes.

Anyhoo, before I could install Synaptic, I had to 'sudo apt-get -f install' to install/update a load of main language-updates. Also, afterwards I could install FireFox just fine too, no more KPackageKit telling me otherwise to be seen anywhere.

Comment

Working...
      X