This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragging full-screen windows between displays

Hi, in 09.10 i was able to drag full-screen windows between my two displays, in such a way that the full-screen window snapped immediately to be full screen on the second display. After a clean install of lucid, this does not work any more. When I drag a full screen window now I can move it freely.

I tried several things in the Window Behavior settings, but had no success.

Any ideas?

Re: Dragging full-screen windows between displays

what video card?

Please Read Me

Comment

nvidia quadro fx 880m with nvidia drivers 195.36.15

Comment

After thinking about it for a bit I think your experiencing a new "feature" of the latest KDE. If you drag the window to the top edge (when the four-arrow "dragging" cursor upper arrow touches the upper screen edge) the window automatically goes full screen. When you drag it away from the top edge - it goes "windowed".

So the only solution I can have for you is when you drag a full screen window from one monitor to the other, drag it to the top edge (you'll see the screen boundary light up) and then drop it. It will pop back to full screen.

Sorry if that's not what you want.

I use the screen sides sometimes too - if you drag the windows to either screen side-edge - it opens to exactly half-full-screen.

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks for the information! I noticed the half-screen feature as well, and I think it's useful. However, I didn't know about the dragging to the top thing. It's not what I really wanted, but it will work. Maybe I'll post a feature request - since I think this was a very useful feature and more and more people use two screens.

Cheers,

Alex

Comment

Does disabling the "maximized windows can be moved and resized" setting (if enabled) make a difference in the behavior?

The setting can be found in SystemSettings>WindowBehavior>WindowBehavior>Movem ent-tab

Comment

Yeah - alex I agree, the old behavior was nice for us multiple monitor guys...I used it too. It was like you could "throw" a full screen window to the left or right and it would land right where you wanted it.

I've been using the new version long enough now I've gotten used to it.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
              X