Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hangs At Kubuntu Screen sometimes...

Originally posted by wrender
    How does one read the time because all I see are numbers in brackets ie [10.900775]
    The numbers in the brackets don't represent 'real time' as you and I think about it. The kernel, when compiled, had to have timestamp options for kenerel messages enabled:

To enable timestamp options on kernel messages:

Kernel hacking[*] Show timing information on printks
    Without this, the 'times' shown in dmesg (and other syslog files?) represent:

The time stamps start at 0 when the system is booted and are monotonically increasing from that time. The times are represented in seconds and microseconds.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Here are a few things that stood out to me that seemed wrong... but then again I have no idea what im looking for.

[ 0.579733] ACPI Error (psargs-0359): [\_PR_.CPU0._PPC] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND
      [ 0.579740] ACPI Error (psparse-0537): Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.AC__.ADJP] (Node ffff88013ba3c680), AE_NOT_FOUND
      [ 0.579762] ACPI Error (psparse-0537): Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.AC__._PSR] (Node ffff88013ba3c640), AE_NOT_FOUND
      [ 0.579787] ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND, Error reading AC Adapter state (20090903/ac-140)

[ 12.048739] ACPI Warning for \_SB_.PCI0.P0P2.PEGP.MXMI: Excess arguments - needs 1, found 2 (20090903/nspredef-303)
      [ 12.048860] ACPI Warning for \_SB_.PCI0.P0P2.PEGP.MXMS: Excess arguments - needs 1, found 2 (20090903/nspredef-303)

Comment

I'm guessing your bios acpi powerstate is incompatable with your current kernel.

I suggested trying some kernel boot parameters. Attempt these one at a time and boot several time with each one to see if any of them help.

Try these options in the kernel boot line ONE at a time:

acpi.power_nocheck=1
        apm=off
        acpi=ht
        acpi=off

These will likely also disable other functions as well so be prepared. You should also read up on grub2 basics in case to need to recover from a bad edit.

Please Read Me

Comment

So I haven't had the chance to try out the stuff you guys suggested yet cuz life has been crazy...

But I did get a chance to try out the new Maverick Alpha 1 Released Kubuntu 64 bit live disc and it booted up fine and recognized the AC power being plugged in!

So there is something definitely wrong with Lucid...

Anyways back to dealing with life...

hope this will leads to figuring out a solution!

Comment

Working...
          X