This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting shutdown timer

Is there any way to adjust or disable the 30 second timer when you select Shutdown from the K/Leave menu in 10.04? I can't find anything on this.
    I am relatively new to Linux, but quite experienced with DOS and Windows.&nbsp; I&#39;m comfortable editing things like fstab, etc., but I need specific instructions of what files to edit and what to add.<br /><br />My system is Kubuntu 10.10, using KDE 4.5.1.

Re: Adjusting shutdown timer

Google tells me there is a "kshutdown" package that will let you make all kinds of adjustments. I haven't tried it personally.

FYI, in a terminal window,

Code:
    sudo shutdown now -h
    shuts it down as fast as it can go down;
    Code:
    sudo shutdown -h 12:00
    will shut it down at 12:00;

Code:
    sudo shutdown -h +60
    will shut it down after 60 minutes.

Lots of choices ....

Comment

I just move my mouse to the button and click.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
        Google tells me there is a "kshutdown" package that will let you make all kinds of adjustments. I haven't tried it personally.
        Thanks, but I was hoping to adjust the existing feature.

Originally posted by Snowhog
        I just move my mouse to the button and click.
        I guess that's a 'No.'
        I am relatively new to Linux, but quite experienced with DOS and Windows.&nbsp; I&#39;m comfortable editing things like fstab, etc., but I need specific instructions of what files to edit and what to add.<br /><br />My system is Kubuntu 10.10, using KDE 4.5.1.

Comment

Working...
        X