This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Sound issue with Flash videos, but not with anything else

Hi all, I have a problem with audio. I use kubuntu Lucid (up-to-date), and I can listen to music with Amarok, and play videos just fine, also system sounds are OK, but when I try to play some flash video, for example from Youtube or some news website, there's no sound at all, although the video itself plays alright. I have Adobe Flash Player Plugin installed already, what could be the problem? Can anybody help please? Thank you!

Re: Sound issue with Flash videos, but not with anything else

check your mixer volume settings to be sure that pcm volume is completely up
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
      check your mixer volume settings to be sure that pcm volume is completely up
      That and the "Digital" column. My LL install of KMix didn't include the PCM or Digital controls, so I opened a Konsole and ran alsamixer. I hit F5 to display all channels. I found pcm and digital and turned them up to reasonable levels. When I did that they appeared in the KMix channels and I could add them to the KMixer display.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Hi guys, thank you both! I've checked those settings, but they were all OK.

While on alsamixer, however, I noticed that the default sound card switched to the integrated Intel card, rather than the SoundBlaster Live I use, so for some reason most times the system correctly used the SoundBlaster, but others (like with flash videos) it didn't, and no sound came out because the other card wasn't physically connected to the speakers. So, I disabled the unused card from BIOS, and after login the system informed me some hardware was missing and asked whether I wanted it to forget it. I confirmed, and now everything is working fine!

Thanks again, and should I close this thread in any way (sorry, I'm new)?

Edit: OK, I took a look around and it seems I have to edit my original post by adding: [Solved]. I hope that is correct.

Comment

Re: [Solved] Sound issue with Flash videos, but not with anything else

That is!
          Thanks!
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X