This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flash in konqueror - Please help me

How do I get Adobe Flash player to work in Konqueror?

I have installed
    1.)Adobe Flash Player Plugin Installer
    2.)Adobe Flash Player Plugin Installer (transitional Package)

In Konqueror > Settings > Configure Konqueror > Plugins > Plugins Tab > Netscape Plugins shows...
    /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/flashplugin-alternative.so

Whats missing?

Re: flash in konqueror - Please help me

Since installing, have you rebooted?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

no, let me reboot. I'll be right back.

Comment

It still doesn't work...I went to utube and a screen said I need to upgrade my flash player. Do I download the tar gz package since I am using the latest, greatest, Kubuntu?

Comment

The following packages are installed on my Lucid installation, and flash works fine:

flashplugin-nonfree
          flashplugin-installer
          konqueror-nsplugins

Verify that these are installed on your system.

Comment

where would I get konqueror-nsplugins? I have all the repositories and medibuntu and they don't list konqueror-nsplugins.

Comment

okay I found it, but flash in Konqueror still doesn't work. not on MSN or utube

Comment

I don't have it installed, but then, I tend to follow other paths.

Check and see if you have kubuntu-restricted-extras installed. If you don't, install it.

Comment

Installed restricted extras, but still no flash in Konqueror.

Comment

Okay, what I did was install Mint KDE and everything works there so I looked here in Konqueror...
                    Settings > Configure Konqueror > Plugins > Plugins (tab) > Netscape Plugins
                    their installed plugins are...

/usr/lib/firefox/plugins/gecko-mediaplayer-dvx.so
                    /gecko-mediaplayer-qt.so
                    /gecko-mediaplayer-rm.so
                    /gecko-mediaplayer-wmp.so
                    /gecko-mediaplayer.so
                    /mplayerplug-in-qt.so
                    /mplayerplugin.so
                    /libflashplayer-alternative.so
                    /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.so
                    /libskypebuttons.so

Where do I get these plugins, how do I install them and last but not least, how do I get Konqueror to see them?

Thank You for your help in all this.

Comment

You don't need all those plugins. Installing flashplugin-nonfree, konqueror-nsplugins and kubuntu-restricted-extras is all you should have to do. I'm (currently) at a lose as to why Flash isn't working for you, unless it's the initial installation of Adobe Flash Player Plugin Installer and Adobe Flash Player Plugin Installer (transitional Package). Where these installed via KPackageKit or did you obtain them from Adobe's web sight?

Comment

When I first installed Kubuntu, a window poped up saying I could enhance my Konqueror experience by installing...and it listed flashplayer and other programs. So I clicked on "install packages" button. That's all I can tell you.

You think I should reinstall Kubuntu?

Comment

I've always liked KDE, but you know when something bugs you so much, that it makes you wanna scream argh? Well, for years I've been a Gnome user only because I could never get Konqueror to function as a full fledged browser..ie: not being able to view videos, java and the like.

Comment

That's purely a decission you have to make. How much time and customization do you have into it so far? If not much, or you don't care, sure, reinstall. Just make sure that you reformat the partitions that you will be installing to, including the /home partition if you have one (recommended). That will ensure that nothing from the first installation will remain.

Then, after installation, and you are on your desktop, install Synaptic and then don't use KPackageKit again - it sucks. Use Synaptic or the console and apt-get for your package management needs.

Then, install the Medibuntu repository and install the restricted stuff so you can play DVDs and mp3 files.

Then install the three packages I initially told you that I have installed. You should not have to do anything else in order to have Flash working. That's the process I took when I installed Lucid.

Comment

I'M going to do that...Thanks for all your help...If after doing all that and it still doesn't work, I'm gonna pull out my hair...all of it...I'll be bald you know. I'll be a bald KDE user!

Comment

Working...
                              X