This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Firefox's notificaition system

Does anyone know how I can change Firefox's notification system back to it's original version? I don't like the integration with plasma (it looks really ugly and takes up too much room).
    Attached Files

Re: Firefox's notificaition system

Do you have any gmail notifyer plasmoids (widgets) installed (placed in taskbar)?

If so just remove it them.
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

I don't have any Gmail notification plasmids installed; I mean the integration with KDE that makes Firefox push all its notifications through to the Plasma notification system. This means anything that Firefox reports (completed downloads, plugin updates etc.) appear in the KDE taskbar rather than in Firefox.

Comment

Sorry, can't help you there then.
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by riksweeney
          Does anyone know how I can change Firefox's notification system back to it's original version? I don't like the integration with plasma (it looks really ugly and takes up too much room).
          You should disable the PlasmaNotify extension in Firefox (it is installed by default in kubuntu lucid). This should solve your problem.

Regards

Comment

Good call, oblivion.

@ riksweeney - could you please mark this thread as solved (see my signature for instructions). Thanks
            Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

I cannot find a Plasma Notify extension in my Add Ons list, the only one I've got is the Ubuntu FireFox Modifications, but that is disabled. I'll have a look and see if I can find such an Add On.

Comment

Originally posted by riksweeney
                I cannot find a Plasma Notify extension in my Add Ons list, the only one I've got is the Ubuntu FireFox Modifications, but that is disabled. I'll have a look and see if I can find such an Add On.
                Hmm, that's interesting. Did you install firefox from the official (k)ubuntu ppa (which currently has the firefox version 3.6) and was it a clean, first time install? It is possible that if you upgraded from Kubuntu 9.10 (karmic koala) to 10.04, the extension might remain there yet it won't show up in add-ons list.

You state that the PlasmaNotify extension doesn't seem to be installed at all. If so, is kmozillahelper package installed?. If PlasmaNotify is not installed at all, the kmozillahelper package could be the problem (though I'm not sure, this is just a guess). Try removing kmozillahelper package temporarily (and don't worry, removing kmozillahelper won't break anything):
                Code:
                sudo apt-get remove kmozillahelper

Comment

Removing libnotify has solved the problem temporarily.

Comment

Working...
                  X